Monday, February 9, 2015

Still Catching up Rabbits on Scooters

Just finished last week a lovely little quilt using the herringbone pattern from The Missouri Quilt Co also using fabrics from their huge range as well.  I used Kona Blue Bell and Kona white. For the backing I used Andover Rabbits on Scooters, love love this fabric.
The way this pattern works is wonderful, I am sure it is something I would not have put together without the help of Jenny Doan at Missouri Quilts and her tutorials.  I enjoyed making it putting the pieces together was a breeze and it looks so much like a herringbone.
I wanted a pattern that would suit a little boy, he is around two months old now and I did not want to resort to the usual trains and cars. 
So to find this lovely Blue Kona was a flash moment for me, I knew it would be just right. It is so soft as well, I used cotton batting and quilted with a meandering line. I am sure the new Mum liked the quilt when I gave it to her, also I am hoping it will be useful for many years to come. 

I decided to bind it in White, this is a first for me I have never used white for a binding before. I just could not think of what would sit well with the blue and white although there were a few options for the Rabbit fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment