Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Block for my new Hexagon Quilt

Hexagon Quilt by Duck Tales
Hexagon Quilt, a photo by Duck Tales on Flickr.
Well I have been planning this quilt in my mind for some time, here is my first block and the beginning of a lot of fun.
This is my 'watching tv and relaxing' hand sewing project. I am excited to have it moving. I have fussy cut Michael Miller's French Journal, Anjou Papillon in the yellow. and the dark grey is from my stash and it took a lot of looking to find a polka dot that would do what I had in mind. I finally settled on this 'not so basic black and white from Fabric.com
I have some batiks i hope to incorporate as the dark hexies and I will continue with the spot through out. I have not been this adventurous with fabric before it is a different path for me.
I have decided to do a round of the anjou papillon around the outside as well. but then again it is a work in progress and I guess it will grow and find it's place as I go.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful block. I don't think i have ever seen hexis made up like this. Wonderful idea.

    blessings, jilly
    found you from flickr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this block is so fantastic. I`m looking forward to see more.

    Grit

    ReplyDelete